Here is something I find helpful. Dr. Wayne Dyer was one of the greatest spiritual speakers of all time. This was labeled as "The Dyer Dozen", a part of the spiritual self-realizing aspects of intention. Each of these can be applied to your life, no matter your own perception of the path of life that you lead. You do not fail if you are not able to understand one or most of these. As long as you read these intentions, your mind will subconsciously grab some of this intelligence and rewire some of your thought patterns, whether or not you focus on trying to implement them. Check this out, and take some power with you.
NOTE: When Dr. Wayne Dyer talks about "Source" energy, he is talking about your spiritual base, God energy, conscious connection to the universe, etc.
"The Dyer Dozen", from The Power of Intention, by Dr. Wayne Dyer
1) Want more for others than you want for yourself. Whatever you perceive to be missing, want that MORE for others and it will automatically come to you as the first recipient.
2) Think from the end. Begin to see yourself surrounded by people and events and things that constitute your perfect life. "Act as if" it has already happened. Because all that you need, you already have.
3) Be an appreciator in your life. Look for that which is valuable rather than worthless. When you depreciate you take value away, when you appreciate, you add value. Make it a point therefore to always add value.
4) Stay in rapport with Source Energy. Constantly reminding you of connection is how Source thinks.
5) Resistance is deviation from the Source. Every thought that you have that is different from the Source you originated from is resistance. Fear, anger, shame, depression, can't, won't, shouldn't, are all resistance. Love, happiness, joy, tenderness are all Source inspired. You are what you believe and you will have in your life whatever you believe you can have.
6) Contemplate yourself surrounded by the conditions you want to produce. You are one with Source and can create anything you desire.
7) Understand the art of allowing. Taking the path of least resistance. Every thought with resistance in it, creates path of least allowing. Are you pulling energy from Source or pushing against the Flow?
8) Practice radical humility. You are not the body or mind you are in. You are not the possessions you have, you are the Divine Source. Come home to your real self and realize that you are no better or worse than anyone else.
9) Stay in a constant state of gratitude: stay in a state of being generous and grateful. Rumi (a 13th-century Persian poet) said: "Trade your knowledge for bewilderment." Be in constant awe and wonder at the generosity and beauty of life and be grateful for it.
10) Keep in mind that you can never resolve a problem by condemning it. When you use shame, you are using the lowest energy out in the universe. You can't shame your way into the Source just like no amount of poverty you live in can lift anyone else out of poverty. Be the example you wish to see in the world.
11) Play the match game - always ask, "Do I match Source in my intention?"
12) Meditate. The quiet mind is your way of staying connected to Source. You cannot divide Source/God. Everything else has a polarity/dichotomy except for silence. You cut silence in half and you get more silence. Cut Source in half and you get more Source. You can't divide it. Stay in the Gap.
Dr. Wayne Dyer (1940-2015). The Power of Intention, both a 2004 book and a PBS presentation. Dr. Wayne W. Dyer was an internationally renowned author and speaker in the fields of self-development and spiritual growth. Over the four decades of his career, he wrote more than 40 books, including 21 New York Times bestsellers. He created many audio and video programs, and appeared on thousands of television and radio shows. Follow him on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or visit his website.